I'm running out of superlatives for my shows. Each one is like a little island of sanity for me these days. So if I go with that metaphor, this island was like the one from Lost — full of intrigue and suspense.
Okay, maybe more like Gilligan's Island. But the whole lost on a desert island thing still applies.
And as usual, we went to places we never intended with some awesome insights. But one thing I swear I've finally learned: Never throw the first question up without directing it to somebody. You'd think after all the times I've done that and have been met by silence, I would realize that it just doesn't work.
And speaking of Twitter...okay, I didn't speak of Twitter. But if I had, I would ask you to add me to your Twitter profile. I'm TheBeanCast. As always, thanks for listening and please add a positive review to iTunes if you like the show.
Pissed At Procurement
- Ad Age Reports on the Open Disastisfaction
- Ad Age on JWT Pulling Out of UPS Pitch
- Ad Age Piece on Understanding Procurement Executives
- Victor & Spoils Press Release
- The NYT Feature Piece
- John Winsor's Blog Post
- WSJ on Clients Searching For Fresh Agency Ideas
- The Victor & Spoils Website
Royal Post in Peril
- BBC Feature Story on the Strike
- The Guardian on the Impact on Advertisers
- Marketing Week on the Business Costs
- Ad Age on the Increasing Focus on Online Communities
- eMarketer on Social Net Share
- Steve Rubel Looks at Two Futures for Facebook
- Louderback's Piece on Lack of Accountability in Measurement
Stories To Watch
- The End of Cliff Freeman
- The Twitter/Google/Yahoo!/Bing Search Deal
- International Domain Names on the Horizon
- Twitter Lists
Opening Theme, Joe Sibol (pick up his latest album on iTunes)
Closing Theme, CJACKS
(Find more music from both artists atpodsafeaudio.com.
Bandwidth provided by Recursive Squirrel Interactive.
Email services provided by Email Transmit, a product of Mass Transmit
Special thanks to 93 Octane for their help with our identity work. They make some mighty fine beans!