Back to normal this week...sort of.
I put the new condenser mic into play (still need to tweak my settings, but it sounds great), the sound file saved properly and, even though we had lots of background noise, for the first time I really got the most out of my SoundSoap purchase.
But all that aside, the show itself was a fascinating inside-look at the Cannes Advertising Festival. Many of us know nothing about the event beyond the awards and parties. But this year's focus on temperance has given us all a glimpse into the real inner workings of Cannes. Whether you love the fest or despise it, there's no doubt you'll have lots more to discuss after listening to this episode.
Don't forget to add me on your Twitter profile for all the latest BeanCast news, as well as my random witticisms. I'mTheBeanCast. As always, thanks for listening and please add a positive review to iTunes if you like the show.
- The Cannes Lions Site
- Adweek on Results Focus
- USA Today Hypes the Results Angle
- Adweek on the Twitter Connection
- The Guardian on "The Best Job in the World"
- USA Today Reveals US Strength in Digital
- USA Today on the Celebrities in Attendance
- Adweek on Ballmer's "Reset Button"Brian Morrissey on the Social Media Discussion
- Teressa Iezzi on the Lack of Standout Film Entries
- Ad Age on the PR Grand Prix
- Ad Age on Tradition Over Innovation
- The Goodby Comments
- Fast Company on Crispin and Burger King
- Ad Age Also on McDs Continued Dominance
Opening Theme, Joe Sibol (pick up his latest album on iTunes)
Closing Theme, CJACKS
(Find more music from both artists at podsafeaudio.com.)
Special thanks to 93 Octane for their help with our identity work. They make some mighty fine beans!