ORSUBSCRIBE FOR AUTO DOWNLOADING WITH iTUNES
The Super Bowl ad-fest continued it's downward spiral this year, leaving the panel mostly unimpressed. But the larger issues of sexism, ethics and creativity offered plenty of fodder for us to discuss and made for a lively debate.
A program note, George Parker is very soft in this episode due to some connection issues. Apologies for that. I normally wouldn't have allowed someone to connect via phone, but his insights are totally worth cranking the volume up to hear.
Please also check out The You Conference L.A., featuring Gary Vaynerchuk. Use discount code "UconferenceLA" and get $50 off your registration.
George Parker, Writer/Blogger, AdScam/The Horror!
Nostalgia or Old Stuff
ism in the Bowl Ads
Good and Bad
- WSJ Looks at the Ads
- MediaPost Call Dorito's Ad Most Watched
- Garfield's Opinions
- Brand Bowl 2010 Social Media Analysis
- Ad Age on Google Ad Not Faring Well
- Åsk's Annual Review
Edelman on Peer Recommendation
Stories To Watch
- Kevin Smith Attacks Southwest
- Twitter Abandon Rate
- Brands Embarrassing Themselves Online
- NBC Not Deliver Olympic-Level Value for Ads
- Cyrus Mehri Launches EEOC Charges
Opening Theme, Joe Sibol (pick up his latest album on iTunes)
Closing Theme, CJACKS
(Find more music from both artists atpodsafeaudio.com.