I got all the way through the show before it hit me just how much of a powerhouse lineup we had on the program tonight. I mean I knew these guys were big names, but every once in a while I get a flash of perspective and realize just how cool having this show can be.
With this group it was a complete treat to be a host. They were all sharp talkers who knew the subjects well and provided energetic debate on the subjects at hand. I could barely get a word in edgewise. Like I said on Twitter earlier, if you don't listen to this episode I'll have to personally come out and smack you.
The Direct Brand
- Opinion Piece In Ad Age
- My Thoughts on The Direct USP
- The DMA on Postal Self-Regulation
- The Ogilvy Re:Direct Campaign
- The Over Focus on ROI
- Stan Rapp Push iDirect
- Note: Watch For My Piece in Ad Age
Placement or Creativity?
More Screens, But Not More Ads
- Ben Analyzes the Meeker Report
- Ad Age Report on Trendrr
- Ben Looks at the Warshaw Curve
- Adweek on Twitter User Numbers
Hulu Bad For Business?
- Antony Young Voices His Opinions
- The Opinion on Pay Walls From Fox Chief
- Hulu Maintains There's Won't Be Subscriptions
Stories To Watch
- The Nook and Kindle
- Major Car Brand Goes In Review
- Clarkson Retouching Scandal Will Lead To FTC Review
- Publishing Price Wars
- Direction for Direct
Opening Theme, Joe Sibol (pick up his latest album on iTunes)
Closing Theme, CJACKS
(Find more music from both artists atpodsafeaudio.com.
Special thanks to 93 Octane for their help with our identity work. They make some mighty fine beans!